Sooooo I was whining yesterday about the current status of the school room. Just as I hit publish, the hubs mentioned that he would like to work on the floor this weekend since Saha was gone with Nana to a craft fair in Virginia. I worked at warp speed to finish cleaning out the school room and the entire playroom. Our living room and kitchen has turned into a holding area for all those toys. Oh my.
And yeah, we watch a LOT of Disney Channel.
Now the school room looks like this.
Much better than yesterday!
Since the school room flows right into the play room....
Bot loved carrying his toolkit around and helping Dad.
I'm going to call some painters on Monday to give me some prices on removing the textured wall and re- painting the school room. I took a little soapy water to it and the texture and paint wiped right off with ease. It seemed a bit suspicious that it came of that easily. I looked closer and figured out why it was so easy. The previous owners painted over satiny wallpaper. AGHHHH! Please people, do not do this! Our house is full of painted over wallpaper and over time the edges of the wallpaper have started to come through the paint and leave huge lines. I'm not going to tackle getting the texture off plus the wallpaper and assume it's going to look good.
I'm not going to have our school room ready by the first day (in less than 48 hours) but it's looking like I may have it by the end of the month!
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!