Where in the world did the month of July go? Here I thought I had all of this time left to plan for school but the end of July crept right past me and here we are at August. My plan is to start school on Monday but my school room currently looks like this...
I don't even know where my school planner is.
The grand plan was to have our former dining room turned junk/craft/pantry/school room completely refurbished by the start of this school year. New floor, new paint and new desks. I want the space to be 100% for school and not be used as a holding room for all the rest of our stuff. That's what the garage is for, right? If you saw the state of our garage, you'd be cry-laughing with me. I know I'm lucky to have a spot for a school room!
I don't really know what to do. If we want to have breaks throughout the school year, I really do need to start on Monday. Some of you non-homeschoolers may not realize that we are required by state law to have a set of amount of hours and a set amount of days of recorded school time. Plus, I like to get as much covered in our curriculum as possible in a certain amount of time. It looks like we'll be couch and floor schooling for awhile. It's not really the idea I had in my mind for Bot's first day of Kindergarten.
Second try. :) I'd love to know what you're going to do with Bot for K. I chose year-round schooling for now just so I wouldn't be stressed about getting our days in.
ReplyDeleteHe already attends an Autism specific preschool program year around for two days a week and they have offered to let him stay on but with differentiated work at his level. It's just him and one other child! Perfect! On his other days at home, I have some curriculum for him but I'm not holding my breath on whether or not he'll do any of it. If not, we'll do lots of educational videos and books to get our time in. Our umbrella school highly encourages play time during our required 4 hours so I don't think I need to stress to much about it!
Delete