Last week I wanted to make a hat for a friend's baby and I'm proud to say I got it done and it's lovely.
I also drank more water (pats self on back). I have been feeling gross and ran down from the bad eating habits I let creep back into my life over the past couple months. The water certainly helps in turning all of that around. My wish to stop worrying about Bot's education has also been a success. I feel comfortable in our choice to homeshcool him and am completely at peace with it. My girl and I had our date night which consisted of a meal at a Hibachi Japanese restaurant complete with flames and flying eggs. She was a tad overwhelmed but still enjoyed it. After that we went to Ulta to get some new beauty goodies and then to Target to add a new micro pony to her My Little Pony collection. My remaining wish was to keep up with my new chore charts. I give myself a "B" for decent effort but I wasn't was as good at keeping up with it as I should have been. So far, this week isn't going any better. Part of my problem is that when it's cold outside, my motivation to do anything goes down the drain. I have Fibromyalgia flare ups here an there when it's cold which just adds to my lack of motivation. Who wants to move when it hurts? Not me. I really need some warmer weather.
So that all brings us up to this week and my new set of wishes.
1. Plan a vacation. With the help of the hubs of course. He actually brought the idea up and said we should take a quick mountain trip and another one to the Congaree National Forest (this girl loves her some swamp...minus the frogs).
2.Play my piano more...ok, so it's actually a keyboard. It's relaxing and I don't do it enough.
3. Turn off the computer and put it away. It's a time suck and it's stealing me away from my kids.
4. Enjoy some time with some girlfriends. The date is planned. Now it just needs to get here!
5.Figure out what to do for Bot's party. He wants a grand birthday party at Starbucks and a 5 tiered NFL themed cake with all the players drawn on it in icing. Not gonna happen! Sorry bud. You are going to be 5. Let's stick to the playground and a tierless cake with football figurines on top.
Speaking of NFL. Bot had a Super Bowl Party. No, I did not make the cupcakes. Publix gets all the credit for those. Typically I refuse to buy anything with that much colored lard but I could not deny the kid his one day of gluttony.

Aw, what a cute hat! A vacation sounds so lovely right now, especially a little weekend trip up into the mountains! Good luck with all of your goals this week.
ReplyDelete