It's kind of a bummer to start a blog over after 7 years and not have any readers but it kind of seems like blogs are dying out and not as popular as they were a few years ago. At one point, I had a decent following on my other blog and was receiving frequent requests for product reviews. Honestly, the product reviews stressed me out because it put the pressure of a deadline on me and people were not coming to my blog for product reviews anyways. I kind of can't stand discovering a good post on a blog only to find the rest of the blog riddled with product reviews and giveaways. Those things though, are what bring in traffic. That and connecting with other people on forums and twitter. I don't have the time or desire to go through all of that again and rebuild what I once had so this blog is pretty much full of tumbleweeds and crickets. I mentioned on Facebook that I moved the blog over and privately messaged a few people. I get a handful of hits a day, a far cry from the hundreds I was receiving on my former blog.
So if you should stumble upon my little blog, please leave me a comment so that I know you care enough to read. I knew I would lose readers but I had no idea just how dead and lonely this blog would become once I moved.
Hello!! I'm still here! Discovering you were posting again made my entire day!!!
ReplyDeleteI'm trying to get back into posting again after moving my whole blog over. I'm the biggest procrastinator though! LOL.
ReplyDeleteI just found your new blog today by clicking over from your homeschool blog. I was so sad when I tried to go to your other blog awhile ago and got a message that it was now private. I came by today to leave a comment on your homeschool blog asking to be added to your reader list. :) I'm glad you're still here and I'm caching up on your back posts, I enjoy both your blogs very much, and I can't wait to borrow some of your homeschooling ideas for my son.
ReplyDeleteI'm so glad you found me! I worried about some privacy issues on my old blog so that's why I moved.
ReplyDeleteI've been reading your blog for about 3 years ever since my MIL (Ruth R.) found you on face book and told my husband to friend you. It's been inspiring to see you life and homeschooling as we are distant relatives and home school to just a state away in Georgia. I am a reader, not a commenter but I just wanted you to know your blog is read and greatly influences others. Hope to one day meet you.
ReplyDeleteYou are too sweet! Hopefully we can both make it to a family reunion one day!
ReplyDelete