I do not pretend to be grammatically correct. To all of you who are grammar nazis, please accept my apologies.

Wednesday, June 22, 2016

Hello again.

Wait....what the what? I'm still around? After a loooooong hiatus I am happy to report that I am back and have great intentions of reviving this blog. No promises but sometimes my intentions to work out and then sometimes they don't.

Now that we've gotten that out of they way I suppose it would be nice of me to update you on what we've been up to during my blogger absence.

Bot:
He is a big reason that this blog lasted as long as it did simply because he provided me a LOT of writing content in his earlier years. I will spare you newcomers years worth of posts and cut right to the chase and tell you that this blog once upon a time was mostly focused on special needs, specifically Autism. His early years were hard. His Autism hasn't gone away, but the challenges did lesson slightly as he aged and I felt like it left me little to blog about. He still has challenges but they are different and for the sake of his privacy, I won't go into much detail on his personal struggles. If you are a special needs parent or caregiver just starting on your journey, please feel free to contact me at anytime. I may not talk so much about Autism anymore but I'm always happy to help the community as they once helped me.

                      Currently Bot is a spunky 7 year old that loves all things sports and geography related. He's a huge fan of WWE wrestling, Monster Jam, and his eraser and flag collections. He just wrapped up his first season on a special needs baseball team and is also taking a gymnastics class. This coming school year he will be returning to his private Autism school two days a week and homeschooling the other three days.



Saha: She IS the reason I started this blog, but she often took a back seat to her brother's struggles. She's in the backseat no more and has blossomed into our little superstar. She's about to begin her third season of rec cheer and has also become an All Star cheerleader for a competitive team. It takes up a lot, and I mean a lot, of our time and finances, but she could not be happier. She also loves being in the church choir and playing the piano.


                     Saha is about to begin her 6th year of homeschooling (we started w/pre-k). She attends a two day a week cooperative school and then is at home with me the remaining three days. Last year was our first year with the part time school/homeschool set up and while I struggled with losing some control, she thrived and loved being with new friends in a classroom.

And me? Not much has changed other than adding a few wrinkles. I still do all my crafts and am still creating educational resources to sell on various sites like Teachers Pay Teachers, Educents, and Teacher's Notebook. We gotta pay for cheerleading somehow ;)

Thanks for reading. If you are new, please drop me a note in the comments. If your an old timer and are in shock that I'm still alive and kicking then you better leave me a comment!

-Allie

P.S.  We got a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!