I do not pretend to be grammatically correct. To all of you who are grammar nazis, please accept my apologies.

Monday, September 8, 2014

One Month Down

I cannot believe that we already have a whole month of school under our belt. Our school room is pretty much completed minus a cork board and dry erase board that need to be hung. Once we get those up, I'll post pics of the rooms grand debut.

Saha's studies are all going great, including everything she has done at Co-Op the past two weeks. At our Co-Op she is taking Kindermusik, Piano, Character First, American Girl History, and Worship Dance. She had asked to be placed into more performance based classes this year which is fine with me since we already do all of the main academics in home.

Bot is struggling quite a bit with homeschooling. (sniff, sniff). There are some days that he wants nothing to do with anything school related so I have to find extra creative ways to count his time as school time. Thank goodness for Leap Pads, YouTube, and Netflix! Every once in awhile he will decide that he wants to do sit down school work so I keep a bunch of fun school activities handy for him whenever he's ready to join us. Maturity wise, I've known all along that he wasn't ready for seat work and that if he was in a typical classroom he would struggle. This was the whole reason I didn't bother to buy him curriculum. I just have to remind myself everyday that this will hopefully get better with age and that I can't give up on him just yet.


Trying his hand at writing letters in the A Reason For Handwriting treehouse.

This was a roll and graph activity. He was so excited about it that he hung it on my bedroom door when he was finished. 

We needed a little classroom decor so Saha made this Kiwi Crate firefly that soars down a zipline along our back wall. 


Saha has been learning about The Design Process in science so I thought I would make her some cute posters to help her remember each step. They turned out so cute that I added them to my TPT shop! I also created a set of investigation posters that went along with our first science unit.



2 comments:

  1. I've never heard of the design process, I like it! Hope you find a good groove with Bot that works for both of you. Saha's classes sound fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good job, momma! Time flies when you guys are working hard and having fun!

    ReplyDelete

Show some love and leave a comment!