Every now and then I reference something you can find in my TPT (aka Teachers Pay Teachers) store. Some of you are probably wondering what in the heck I am talking about since I have never fully explained what I've been up to. I first stumbled across TPT a few years ago when looking for resources to supplement our homeschool. What I found was a wealth of games, worksheets, classroom decor, and more created by teachers and homeschool moms for their own students. I liked that the idea that I could go to a website and get resources that have been test driven by real kids.
Now, let's fast forward a couple years to where I have my "aha" moment and realize that I might could actually make some money off the worksheets and templates that I had been making for our own homeschooling time. I was very hesitant to list anything because to be downright honest, I wasn't fully confident in what I had created. Last spring I finally decided to take the plunge and list two free scheduling templates and a paid worksheet set called USA Capitals and Abbreviations- What's Missing?.
My free items took off immediately. My paid item barely got any views but I wasn't stressing over it because I hadn't banked on this whole selling thing working out for me in the first place. I figured if all of the sudden it started selling without me even promoting it, then maybe I should move forward. Let me stop for a moment and say that if you want to sell on TPT, my approach is not one to follow! I forgot all about my TPT account until about 4 months later into July when out of the blue I got an email that my one paid item had finally sold. I was shocked, scared, and excited all at the same time. The person who bought it even came back and told me it was an excellent product. I made all of 29 cents off that first sale but it was enough to make me want to add a few more products and see where it took me. As I added more and more things, the sales started rolling in and by the last week of August I had noticed that if I had upgraded to a premium membership it would have already paid for itself. At that point I upgraded with the secure feeling that I was going to make the money back quickly. It's been about three weeks since I upgraded and this month alone I've more than paid off the membership fee for the year. It's not easy work and requires a lot of patience but I absolutely love making these things for my kids then being able to share them and make a little money in the process.
Are you a homeschool mom making your own resources and would like to make a little extra money? What are you waiting for?! Use my referral code to sign up to sell on TPT. If you do, let me know! https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Signup/referral:utkallie
And now to the fun part..........
I am part of a group of homeschool moms on TPT who want to giveaway some of our self-created products to you. Simply enter below via Rafflecopter and make sure to check out the blogs and stores of these other awesome homeschooling mamas! But first, here are a couple freebies you might find useful in your homeschool!
See all of that awesomeness below? You can win it! Keep scrolling down to Rafflecopter to enter.
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Here is a link to each of the teacher-authors who have created a resource for the giveaway. Show them all some love and check out all of the other goodies in their stores!
An InLinkz Link-up





That's a great idea. Maybe someday I'll join TPT when my 1 year old is old enough to let me concentrate. :)
ReplyDelete