A few weeks ago we celebrated Saha's 4th birthday at a local Italian ice and custard shop. Her choice of themes was Yo Gabba Gabba which presented a tad bit of a challenge because I could not just go out and buy pre-made decor at Party City. You can order some things online but we waited till the last minute and I decided it would be cuter if we just did it our way without the premade stuff. Pinterest provided me with a lot of inspiration including the favor bags and Muno pretzel pops. There was a lot more I could have done but keeping it simple worked great and a good time was had by all.
Yo Gabba Gabba Favor Bags:
I could have printed off the character faces and glued them on the bags but what fun would that be? Since the characters have simple features, it was easy to free hand eyes, mouths, etc... with a Sharpie marker and then cut out and glue. I bought the bags for less than 50 cents a piece at JoAnn.
I tried two different methods. First of which was to draw only on white paper then fill in with colored markers. As you can tell, the color on one of Brobee's horns wasn't full so I decided to then cut them out of red construction paper. From there on out, I used colored paper to make the colored features. I could not find a yellow bag so Plex was made from a square of yellow paper but if you can find yellow, you can omit that part and just go right for the black square around the eyes. I recommend drawing and cutting out all of your characters faces before making the bags. It seems to make the process much faster than making one at a time.
Muno Pretzel Pops:
I have been making candy coated pretzel rods for a few years so when I saw these on Pinterest, I knew how crazy easy they would be to make. Yep, crazy easy! It's just pretzel rods dipped in Wilton Red Meltaways. I added a candy eyeball to each one while the coating was still soft. Candy eyeballs can be found in a small package at JoAnn in the same aisle as Meltaways and molds. Leave refrigerated till just before party time because it doesn't take much heat to get them all melty again. Seeing dozens of Munos in my fridge was quite the funny site.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!