Originally, the plan was to take the week of Christmas off from homeschooling. The week before I realized that I could use some of those days that Bot was at school to get our Christmas shopping completed so I called that week off. Then sometime after Christmas I began thinking to myself how incredibly lovely this break had been because we didn't have a single place to be. That's when I decided that it was a must that we take a third week off and do nothing. I mean nothing! Minus the frigid weather, it's been glorious. The days have been filled with lots of toys, crafting, game playing, and watching cartoons. If we are not refreshed after this break, then I don't know what our problem is.
Today has been extra cold with a high around 29. I certainly have no desire to go outside so we've been playing inside all day. The past couple hours have consisted of this....
Saha has been in the Lego Friends phase for awhile. I think they are precious but she doesn't like me to assist in her building endeavors. Luckily, I can play around with the old ones while she works on the new ones. Yeah, that's right. Mama likes playing with Lego's too. Admit it, I can't be the only one who enjoys playing with the kids toys.
The cold weather and lack of schedule has also allowed me some extra time to play with my yarn stash. I just finished this stable blanket that Saha requested for her horse Andi...
I think it turned out pretty well considering I didn't have a pattern and had to make it up as I crocheted.
I've now moved on to my first attempt at boot cuffs. (pattern here)
I love homeschooling but this break has been needed and I wouldn't trade a minute of it. Three more days until we're back to "normal".
No comments:
Post a Comment
Show some love and leave a comment!