I do not pretend to be grammatically correct. To all of you who are grammar nazis, please accept my apologies.

Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Little Corn that Could

I don't know about you, but I am ready for warm weather and flowers to arrive. This time of the year is always hard for me because I don't like winter to begin with so by the time March rolls around I am so over the cold that I become quite a grump. If it were not for the beautiful flowers of the spring season, I would be quite content to just skip right to 90 degree summer weather. But I do love the springing of the flowers and watching buds become leaves. Even more exciting is that spring means I am getting closer and closer to planting new flowers and a few veggies. This year I would love to plant more veggies than usual but I always have that grand plan and rarely does it materialize. I have a feeling however that Saha is old enough now to keep me in check with it and take some of the responsibility as it will be "our" project.

At co-op last week, we started two small bags of red corn which are currently growing in our taped up baggies on our back door. I didn't believe they would sprout but sure enough, you can see them starting to grow! I had no idea you could do that with corn. Now I'm wondering what other types of seeds we can hang in our windows. Fun stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Show some love and leave a comment!